With this add-on for AutomateWoo it is possible to quickly set up a referral program that is customized for your store. Run a ‘coupon based’ campaign where advocates can share a unique coupon, giving the friend a discount and the advocate store credit for each successful referral. If you don’t wish to offer coupon discounts you can run purely ‘link based’ campaigns where advocates can refer their friends by sharing a unique link to your store.
- Customized Campaigns – Adding a Refer A Friend program to your WooCommerce store is a great way to increase your word-of-mouth sales and numerous studies show that people trust recommendations from people they know.
- Effortless Referral Management – Easily create and manage a WooCommerce customer referral program all from your WordPress admin area. You can choose between either an automatic or manual referral approval process. Automatic approval means that any referral that does not appear to be fraudulent will be automatically approved once its corresponding order is marked as complete.
- Intuitive Referral Process – The customer referral process is easy and flexible for advocates, allowing sharing via Email, Facebook, Twitter or WhatsApp. For the advocate’s friend the process is equally simple as they can use a coupon to gain their referral discount.
- Post-Purchase Widgets – Encourage referral sharing by including the post-purchase share widget on the order confirmation page and by creating order follow-up emails using the email version of the widget.
- Fraud Prevention – It’s important for your customer referral program to include fraud prevention methods. WooCommerce Refer A Friend add-on has a few fraud rules out of the box.
- Reporting – Evaluate the success of your customer referral program by using reports that show the number of referral orders placed.
- Advocates Accounts Tab – Using the new WooCommerce tabbed account API (introduced in version 2.6), advocates can view their successful referrals from their account area.
- Workflows Integration – The Refer A Friend add-on integrates with AutomateWoo workflows adding new triggers and variables. This lets you set up automation for your customer referral program and also gives you complete control over any email notifications that you want to be sent to admins or advocates.
- Get started in fifteen minutes – Setting up is a very easy process! The add-on comes with default settings, including example text which you might want to change, but to kick off your referral program you simply need to create a ‘Referral’ page, add the shortcode and set your reward structure.
The people behind the WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Simplenote, Longreads, Vault Press, Akismet, Gravatar, Crowdsignal, Cloudup, Tumblr call themselves the Automatticians. They are a distributed company with 1,273 members in 76 countries speaking 94 different languages.