Customers can order products before they are available by setting up pre-orders in your WooCommerce store. You can manually or automatically fill orders and release when you’re ready and let the extension handle the rest.
The WooCommerce Pre-order experience is fully customizable and supports both pre-orders charged up front and upon release. Pre-orders can be charged upon release without the customer returning and paying for their order if you are using a supported payment gateway.
- Set an optional date/time when the product will be available
- Automatically charge orders when the product is available
- Change the release date for a pre-ordered product
- Email all customers who pre-ordered a product
- Cancel pre-orders if the product is no longer available
- Filter your pre-orders with a custom “pre-order” order status
- Works with simple & variable products
- Optionally charge a fee for a pre-order
- Customize the Add to Cart/Place Order buttons for pre-orders
The people behind the WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Simplenote, Longreads, Vault Press, Akismet, Gravatar, Crowdsignal, Cloudup, Tumblr call themselves the Automatticians. They are a distributed company with 1,273 members in 76 countries speaking 94 different languages.